Doing the zip line activity was my main reason I wanted to visit Langkawi. But I was stoked when I saw that there’s a jet ski tour activity available at the island. Not only that, we get to ride a jet ski WHILE island hopping! This is a package tour that’s hard to ignore. Of course, we grabbed this MUST-HAVE activity on our Langkawi trip!
And so, here’s my jet ski island hopping tour in Langkawi guide~ This is a MUST-DO when you’re in Malaysia! Aaaaaaaaah, I’m falling more in love with Langkawi every time I remember our trip *sobs*
OUR JETSKI TOUR ISLAND HOPPING EXPERIENCE WITH TORO WATERSPORTS
This KFC Twister is the best I have tasted!
Since our tour starts at 2 pm, we just chilled inside a KFC restaurant in Cenang Mall. And boy, was their twister so tasty! It’s even better than here in the Philippines.
Cenang is a very convenient area, you have the beach on one side and rows of various restaurants lined up for you on the other. All of these places are within walking distance of each other too!
We were very lucky that we three were the only people on the tour~ It’s like an exclusive VIP tour for the price of a basic package. Hooraaay!
Our guide was also very attentive to our needs which was really great because there’s us 3 girls who have no experience whatsoever riding on a jet ski. He noticed that I was having a hard time on my jet ski since it’s too fast for me that it’s hard to control. We swapped rides and all went smoothly until I GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT.
There was a large stalactite in front of me, I tried pushing the jet ski away from the stalactite with my hands but the waves were already too strong. I then swiftly alighted from my jet ski before that rock went straight into my face! And then, my jet ski crashed. Thank goodness that I did not break it since I can’t afford to pay that jet ski. Later did I notice that I was lucky there aren’t any stalactites below the water where I alighted. That would be some huge accident.
Victim of nature…
P.S. Now I’m aware how sharp those rocks are. They looked like shells that merged with the rock.
In Lion Island, our guide told us that there are 2 people only living there. I think it’s only a husband-and-wife duo, I can’t recall because I saw some cute pups haha. For half an hour, we played with the pups and there are also some chickens! Since the island was an extra part of our trip, we took some pictures before we head on to Singa Besar Island.
Our trip did not stop when we got off our jet skis. We really needed a bath with all the sweat and moist of the salt water on our skin. We know that there was a shower area in Cenang beach, however, we didn’t expect it to be an open shower. Before our trip, we even readied all our clothes and towels inside our bags much to our expectations. Since we will still have our dinner in a restaurant afterward, we headed back to our rooms to take a bath. It was such a hassle LOL.
Will I try jet ski island hopping tour in Langkawi again? DEFINITELY!
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
Before your trip, you can book online through their website here. I know that the fees are high and it’s scary to pay out that amount upfront, the good news is, they are willing for you to pay for just one person first. You can email them and ask if it’s okay for you to pay for just one person first. And once you’re in Langkawi you’ll pay the rest to them in person. They’ll likely agree BUT be sure to confirm with them first so there will be no miscommunications on your trip.
They have various activities on their website that you can avail and by far, their prices are more affordable than the other agencies. AND, our experience with them was GREAT!!
Price for Single Rider: 380RM (around Php4,600)
Price for Two Riders: 400RM (around Php5,000)
Price for Single Rider: 420RM
Price for Two Riders: 450RM
Price for Single Rider: 480RM
Price for Two Riders: 550RM
Price for Singl Rider: 580RM
Price for Two Riders: 650RM
Price for Single Rider: 550RM
Price for Two Riders: 650RM
Price for Single Rider: 650RM
Price for Two Riders: 700RM
SINGLE RIDER: 700RM
TWO RIDERS: 750RM
SINGLE RIDER: 800RM
TWO RIDERS: 850RM
In Package A, a tour guide will take you to 2 remote islands within the allotted time of 2 hours. You can also pick your schedule either in the morning at 10 am or in the afternoon at 2 pm. We chose the latter since we didn’t want to get sunburnt while on our trip. Our trip took hours longer due to an accident because of me hahaha. And our VERY KIND guide took us to see the eagles and watch the sunset.
- The VIP Package includes tour guide, entrance fee, tax, free use of SJCAM video recording facility, and drinks.
- The Basic Package excludes all of the above mentioned in the VIP Package except for tour guide, providing you a choice for a much cheaper price.
- For Package A and B, the video recording inclusive memory card cost additional of RM90.
- Maximum weight for two people is 200kg per jet ski.
- Children from age 5 and above must be accompanied by their parent or instructor.
- If one parent and one child taking this activity, it will be counted as a double rider.
- You can store your belongings in a storage compartment in front of a jet ski
- Dry bag (for phone & wallet) and safety jacket are provided for the tour.
BEFORE YOUR TRIP
Waterproof Bag: I can’t leave without my camera and I don’t trust the quality of photos from mobile phones. For me, a waterproof bag is a MUST!
Any waterproof accessories: To protect your gadgets
- For a greater experience in Langkawi, you can do parasailing in the morning and then do the jet ski tour in the afternoon. Parasailing was supposed to be a part of our itinerary but due to some events, we did not push through with this plan.
- Always be wary while riding out in the open sea unless you want to experience what happened to me.
- Always be cautious of your belongings. Before we headed back to Cenang beach, my friend almost lost the key of her jet ski. It was really embarrassing on our part due to the number of times we troubled our tour guide. (the first was my accident in the big rock) Thankfully it’s only us three as we don’t want to humiliate ourselves more with other joiners.
- Always follow the instructions of your tour guide. Riding a jet ski may seem easy but don’t be careless as we can’t predict possible accidents. Even after all that happened during our trip, I will still ride one in the future~
- It was my second time in Malaysia and they are really kind people. PLUS, I can’t get over how cheap and delicious their foods are. I wish Langkawi will not get too commercialized. It’s such a wonderful island with so many things to do. What I can say is, I shall return!
- Try out the Mangrove Tour too while your in Langkawi.
THINGS TO KNOW
Langkawi is an island northwest of Malaysia and the easiest way to get there is by plane. Depending on the country you are flying from, you can either get a direct flight or a connecting flight. To find the cheapest available flight, try browsing thru SkyScanner.
Filipinos are not required to get a visa prior going to Malaysia. However, for non-Filipinos, you can check out your countries’ Malaysian embassy website. You may also find more helpful information in your country's embassy.
Malay (official language), English – they speak fluent English and we never had any trouble understanding each other, Chinese
Their currency is called Malaysian Ringgit (MYR, RM)
Langkawi is an island where not enough public transportation is available. Their main mode of transportation is by scooter/motorbike and private cars. For tourists, it is better to visit by renting a car rather than renting taxis or booking via Grab or Uber. Data connection on some parts of the island can be slow and taxis have an extra fee during the night therefore renting is a better option.
ARE YOU A THRILL SEEKER?
During the length of our stay, we usually have an incident. One time we rode the wrong boat on our Mangrove tour and we had to go back to the port. Thankfully, the strangers on the boat we rode on were nice and kind too.
- What’s your MOST embarrassing moment during your travels?
- Will jet ski island hopping tour in Langkawi be a part of your itinerary when you visit?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The name’s Fiorucci (pronounced as Fee-yoh-ru-chi), I’m not Italian but I can eat pasta for a whole week…or a month…or more. Hop on my story as I travel the world ‘one destination at a time’ while juggling with my full-time work, freelancing and building my own business to gain freedom from this monotonous corporate society.